If you are viewing this job listing from a job posting board (indeed, LinkedIn, etc.) and wish to apply for this position you MUST do so directly through our website (http://quantelusa.bamboohr.com/jobs/). If you apply through Indeed or LinkedIn, your application WILL NOT be complete and you will therefore not be considered for the position.
Quantel USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected status.
Support the Quantel USA Engineering Group by designing, prototyping, and testing new flash lamp and diode pumped solid state laser systems and optical subsystems as a member of the product development team. Additional responsibilities include supporting the Manufacturing Engineering and Customer Service groups in maintaining existing product lines by troubleshooting day-to-day issues that arise, maintaining production documentation and transferring proven engineering designs to production. Other requirements include, working with Marketing, Engineering, Production and Service to define, design, build and support specialty laser systems.
- Perform laser technology development by doing feasibility studies, testing optical design concepts and prototypes, and performing design simulations using appropriate design tools.
- Test and validate prototype laser designs using lab setups and applicable equipment.
- Build and test specialty laser systems and subsystems.
- Create technical specifications and validation test plans for optical components, assemblies, and laser systems.
- Interface with optical component suppliers.
- Interact with engineers of other disciplines (mechanical, electrical, software, and manufacturing) to implement new laser designs.
- Participate in design reviews for products under development within the engineering group.
- Create part numbers and generate Bills-of-Materials in the Enterprise Resource Planning software (Visual Manufacturing and X3).
- Support the transition of new designs into production by designing/building test fixtures and generating test procedures, work instructions, manuals and other related documentation.
- Provide support to the Manufacturing Engineering group in maintaining and improving existing product lines.
- Interface with customers as required on specifications, applications and installations.
- Bachelor's degree in optical engineering, physics, or equivalent required; master's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of optical design experience involving solid state lasers.
- Experience with Q-switched solid state lasers (Nd:YAG, Er:YAG, etc.).
- Experience with harmonic frequency generation using non-linear optical materials.
- Experience with optical design software such as Zemax™
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, applicable CAD tools, etc).
- Experience using oscilloscopes, power meters, beam analyzers and other standard optical test equipment.
- Proven team player that works well with others in Engineering, Production, Sales, etc.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Some travel is required: estimated to be 5%.
- Experience with optical parametric oscillators (OPO).
- Experience with technical programming languages such as MatLAB™ or LabVIEW™
- Knowledge of optical design tools and their use (Paraxia™, Las-CAD™, SNLO™, etc.).
- Knowledge of ISO-9001 or 13485, or equivalent Quality System.
- Experience managing technical projects (scheduling, resource management, budgeting, establishing project priorities, etc.).
- Must be capable of working in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Standing and working at optical tables in laser labs for extended periods of time.
- Good close-up vision for inspecting optics and other laser components.
- Ability to use fingers and hands to manipulate small objects.
By using this electronic application, you agree to use an electronic signature in lieu of a paper-based signature. You understand that electronic signatures are just like signing any document and that it is legally binding in the United States and in other countries. You consent and agree that the use of a key pad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action while using any electronic service offered; or in accessing or making any transactions regarding any agreement, acknowledgement, consent, terms, disclosures or conditions constitutes your signature, acceptance and agreement as if it were actually signed by you in writing.